ICSB Global Awards in Entrepreneurship Education Excellence
Submission Process Guidelines
The following is an overview of the submission process, which begins with a nomination of the program. Self-nominations are encouraged. These initial nominations require a brief nominee information packet including all information described below. Finalists are chosen by the Pedagogy Awards Committee and are notified via email. Those selected as finalists must then submit elaborating documents and commit to presenting their program at the national conference. Finalists who do not present at the conference are disqualified.
Typically, the ICSB Global Awards in Entrepreneurship Education Excellence Committee receives numerous nominations for each award. As a result, it is possible that a specific program might not be selected as a finalist. Applicants are advised that any organization or individual may submit nominations in more than one category. However, no organization or individual may be a finalist in more than one category in any particular year. Therefore, if an individual or institution elects to submit in more than one category and is selected as a finalist in more than one category, they must choose which category they wish to compete in as a Finalist and withdraw from the remaining categories.
As the quality of applications ICSB receives is exemplary, it is possible that one or more truly outstanding organizations or individuals may be nominated for a particular award and not receive it. To deal with this possibility as effectively and as fairly as possible, the following guidelines have been established:
- The finalists for each award will be announced to the membership of ICSB and the public. The names of all other nominees will be kept confidential.
- All non-winning nominees, including the non-winning International Finalist, will be informed of the way in which they could strengthen their applications for the following years.
- All non-winning nominees, including the non-winning International Finalist may submit re-applications for a particular award at any time. There is no prescribed period that any nominee must wait before resubmitting their nomination materials for any award. However, award winners may not reapply in the same category for a period of ten years.
Nominee information packet:
Nominees must submit an executive summary, no more than 11 pages that contain the following information by April 1, 2016.
- The title page should contain:
- The name of the individual or school being nominated
- The award for which the individual or school is being nominated
- The name of the person submitting the nomination
- No more than five pages of text describing:
- The name of the nominee
- The purpose and/or mission of the nominated program.
- The name, address, phone number and fax number of a person who can provide any additional materials needed
- The primary objectives of the program.
- The principal students and/or individuals the program is designed to serve
- An abbreviated description of the program
- Unique aspects and features of the program
- Sources of funding and/or support for the program
- Program benefits for its students
- Program outcomes, short and long term
- Submitted via the online system in PDF format
- No more than five pages of exhibits, i.e.: charts, diagrams, figures, tables, etc.
- Submitted via the online system in PDF format
- These should be used to more fully explain or clarify the text.
- Examples of initial nomination materials of previous winners can be viewed on the USASBE website at the following URL: https://usasbe.site-ym.com/?page=EdAwardWinners.
The award, winners must commit to being available to judge the year following the award and at least two more times in the next 5 years. A letter from the applicant’s Dean is required to indicate support for this commitment and should be included with the nomination.
Submission of Initial Nomination Materials:
Initial nomination materials must be uploaded below by April 1, 2016.
Submission of Finalist Materials:
If selected as a finalist, a second packet of materials or the Final Nomination Package elaborating on the initial nomination executive summary must be submitted no later than 5pm EST on May 20, 2016, via email to Dilara Bogut at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final nomination package should contain the following items:
- A five page executive summary of the program.
- Supporting materials that further describe and/or document the various aspects of the program. This could include syllabi, promotional materials, summaries of student comments or evaluations, etc. This information must be submitted in PDF format.
- Presentation slides submitted in PowerPoint format to be shared at the finalist presentations at the annual conference. The slides should summarize key aspects of the program, course or pedagogy as well as discuss how the aforementioned satisfy the primary Entrepreneurship Education Excellence criteria. This information must be submitted in PowerPoint format.
- A statement of commitment naming the representative(s) of the institution and/or program who will attend the conference and present to the finalist judges’ panel. This information must be submitted in PDF format.
- Corresponding to the commitment to present is the implicit commitment, if a winner, to be available to judge this category twice in the subsequent five years. This ensures a consistency of quality and fairness of process by having experienced judges.
- Completion of a Finalist Information Form granting permission to ICSB to use the information for marketing and promotional purposes. This form will be completed during the online submission process.
Submission of Final Nomination Package:
Final nomination package must be submitted via email to Dilara Bogut at email@example.com no later than 5pm EST on May 20, 2016.Download the PDF version of the Submission Guidelines
Awards Due Dates:
April 1, 2016: Nominations due for ICSB Global Awards in Entrepreneurship Education Excellence (no more than 11 pages, submitted online)
April 15, 2016: Review of nominations and finalist notification. Notification of finalists via email or telephone; feedback to all nominees.
May 20, 2016: Final Nomination Packages must be submitted via email to Dilara Bogut at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm
June 16-17, 2016: Presentation by Finalists at 2016 ICSB World Conference. Each finalist will present for 20 minutes to a panel of judges
June 18, 2016: Announcement of Award Winners at 2016 ICSB World Conference Global Awards in Entrepreneurship Education Excellence Ceremony and Party of Excellence
For more information, please contact Dilara Bogut at email@example.com